Delicious Paleo Lemon Cheesecake
If you crave for something deliciously sweet but with a lemon zing then a good old Paleo Lemon Cheesecake will do you proud, seriously, this lemon cheesecake recipe is to die for and you are gonna love it.
It’s light, zingy and fresh and great for the whole family to enjoy all year round. A cheesecake is always a winner no matter if you are making desserts for your friends, family or dinner party.
The recipe is easy to make, it does however have a long setting/waiting time but the actual prep and cooking is pretty minimal and simple enough to make, so it suits both new cooking warriors and proven veterans!
If you would like to try my take on Paleo Lemon Cheesecake try my recipe below and see how it goes. You will find the final product delicious!
Paleo Lemon Cheesecake Ingredients
1/8 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp non-hydrogenated palm shortening (melted lard, butter or ghee could also be used)
1 1/2 Tbsp honey
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup chestnut flour
Sea salt to taste
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
4 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp lemon zest
3 Tbsp lemon juice
2 cups raw cashews
1 cup full fat coconut milk (coconut milk yogurt or coconut milk kefir could be used as a substitute)
For the Crust:
1. Begin the process by pre-heating your oven at 300 ° F/150°C/Gas Mark 2.
2. Take a shallow pie plate and combine all of the ingredients in it. With the help of your fingers and hands, work it into dough. Don’t worry if the dough is dry and crumbly, it is supposed to be that way.
3. Pat down the dough in a pie shell, and with the help of a fork, insert little holes all over the crust.
4. Place the crust in the pre-heated oven and allow it to bake for about 13 to 15 minutes or until the crust starts to turn golden in color.
5. Remove from the oven and set it aside to cool down.
For the Filling:
1. Soak the cashews in cool water. Set it aside.
2. Meanwhile, take a small saucepan with coconut milk in it and sprinkle gelatin over it. Wait until the gelatin has turned translucent and all the liquid had been absorbed.
3. Now place this saucepan over a medium flame and allow it to cook just enough that it starts simmering. Remove from heat.
4. Next, pour coconut milk, soaked cashews and all the remaining ingredients into a blender. Blend on high speed for one minute or until the batter is completely creamy.
5. Pour the filling mixture into the crust and spread it out evenly.
6. Place it in the refrigerator, to chill until set – about 3-4 hours. If placing it in the freezer, remove after one hour.
7. Serve with fresh fruits and enjoy the delicious and healthy homemade lemon cake.
We hope you love our Paleo Lemon Cheesecake Recipe, if you would like to receive more Paleo recipes, simply hit the image below and tell us where to send your free recipes. Thank you.
Get My Paleo Recipes & Paleo Starter Pack 100% FREE
Enter your first name & best email to tell us where to send your Free Paleo Recipes Pack
Thank you for subscribing.